Sunday, May 5, 2013

Sew good!

I got out of my sewing funk! Hurray.
Me and my boyfriend were driving back from holmfirth and spotted a sign for a fabric shop. We stopped and ohmygosh it was perfect! I've been looking for a fabric shop nearby but there's only haberdashery shops which sell sewing supplies but no fabric.
The majority of my fabric is bought on eBay which can be expensive. I bought 3 metres of fabric from this shop for less than £20! Amazing, and a bonus is that it's all the fabrics I'm looking for.
I could've spent all day in there!

I'm thinking of making a dress from the white and blue pattern

 I started my mums patchwork cushion an and I was debating over fabrics for a while. I finally took the plunge and just started it. I've nearly finished it just need to sew the back on now.
It's not perfect by any means but I love how the fabric complements each other.

Next up is dress making! Really want to get into making my own clothes.

Amy

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow!! Do you know a name for this place? I love in the Barnsley region.

    Betty x x
    fairybettyw.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's caled the Holmfirth Fabric Mill Shop :) and it's just outside of Holmfirth, they have a facebook page if you google them xx

      Delete