Sunday, February 22, 2015

February half term


I spent the first half of the week being a billy no-mates because all my friends were either working or busy. However I used the time wisely to spend sewing! 
I'd planned to start my Archer button up shirt and even ordered all the materials to make sure I had everything. I was really put off by finishing my Miette skirt at the start of the week. I found it, well not difficult, but definitely not the easy first time beginner pattern it was supposed to be.

Over the course of the week I finished my Miette skirt, made a marianne dress shortened to a top with collar, cut out the pieces for another stripe marianne, started sewing a grey marianne and cut out the pattern pieces for the Archer. 
Not bad for a week off!

We also managed to have a couple of adventures along the way. Gary took the Friday off work and we had a little adventure in Whitby, it was a gorgeous day.
I do love going to the seaside, especially Whitby, it's so scenic.



Of course we ate fish and chips, whilst fending the seagulls off, and walked the 199 steps up to Whitby abbey.
Then on the Saturday we took a trip to 5 Guys, who had been highly recommended by my sister, ate delicious burgers and then had a wander around Ikea. I ummed and aahed over more storage for my crafty bits (especially books, I need to stop buying craft books!) and have wanted a Raskog trolley for aaaages, but £50 is a bit steep. In the end I bought a colander and some tea towels! Exciting.

I had a lovely half term off work and feel refreshed but not quite ready to get back into it yet! It won't be long before exams are here and I have a lovely summer of sewing in front of me.

Amy 

No comments:

Post a Comment