Saturday, April 4, 2015

A trip to Edinburgh


We decided on a last minute break and after watching many episodes of Outlander, I fancied a break to Scotland, specifically the Highlands. After a quick google and realising how far the Highlands actually are we decided on Edinburgh!

We booked the top secret hotel with Last minute and got a holiday inn near the Edinburgh zoo. We were both really disappointed and I posted a tweet about it. Last minute contacted me and offered me a refund. After much googling and research we picked another top secret hotel and this time got the Malmaison!


We drove up to Edinburgh, it took around 5 hours from Huddersfield which wasn't too bad. I managed to get a wee bit of knitting done too!



The Malmaison is in Leith which is near the port, around a ten minute bus ride from the centre. 



After a quick rest we headed into Edinburgh for something to eat at the Hard Rock Cafe and of course took a picture of the castle. 


The next day we had a wander around the city, I found Anthropologie


We also did all the touristy things like walking around the castle and along the Royal Mile. 






We had a fantastic time in Edinburgh and I fell in love with Scotland. I can't wait to go back! I'd really recommend it for a break away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment